Pure Silicone molecules belong to long chain polymers. With most careful chemical reactions these molecules can be further converted to vulcanizates within the form of non-crystalline (amorphous) lattices.
These lattices present ideal properties of biological inertness, with the restriction, that whole procedure is fully controlled by expert chemists.
Medical grade heat curable (HCE) Silicone elastomers are in general a bit cloudy and not fully transparent, because of their non crystalline molecular structure, beside the fact that platinum cured silicones are the most transparent of all. Main principle for a designer engineer is to ensure polymer’s purity by adding only the essential crosslinkers very carefully and keeping the whole process inside strict limits. Otherwise, biological inertness may be negatively affected and the possibility of public danger may raise considerably. Thus, whole procedure must be carefully monitored and production must be fully controlled.
Our core business is production of silicone (platinum and peroxide) and TPE tubing including their variations, such as EVA, TPV a.o. thermoplasts.
All our Silicones and Polymers are proceeded in a controlled production environment.
Our technologies include:
- Tubing production of thermoset and thermoplastic elastomers and polymers
- Extrusion of thermoset and thermoplastic elastomers and polymers
- Compounding of heat curable silicone rubbers (HCR) – platinum and peroxide cured
- Production of silicone masterbatches
- Dry blend production of thermoplasts
- Pelletizing of thermoplasts
- On line measuring and controlling
- Quality Inspections and controls
Electrochem Technology for Platinum and Peroxide Cured Silicones, aside our X-Ray visible (radio-opaque) coextruded line and the intense in situ research on V-H2O2 plasma sterilization, guarantees the absolute perfection in Tubing.